Another Monday

Not too much happened today. I picked up some business cards a friend of mine made and printed up for me, worked some more on my press kit, went to the gym, made some phone calls, took a nap, and that's about it.

I'll be happy when my press kit is finally done which will hopefully be tomorrow. It will be nice just to have done and be able to lay on people. I've learned from my few years in the music business that the line between self-promotion and outright bragging about yourself is pretty blurry. I'm pretty sure my bio has a healthy dose of both. So I'm done with my bio, my 8x10s are ready to go ... I'm just finishing up some other things on my discography page and it will be ready to go.

As far as my recording project goes there's another chart I need to write up for a song. Hopefully I'll get this done tomorrow as well. I'm pretty unsure about this tune. It has more of a "pop" edge than the rest of my stuff that's for sure, primarily because there's singing on it. I want to sing it myself, that's a daunting thought. And I need to write some more lyrics for it. I'm not a great lyricist, hell, I'm not even a good one. But the subject is something I know a thing or two about, missing your baby while you're on the road, so hopefully I'll be able to churn out a few more lines. We'll see how it turns out. I plan to record it. If I don't dig it, I don't have to use it. Pretty simple.

And I really want to write a couple more tunes so I have some more choices when all of the recording is done and time comes to choose the record material. But I haven't written much in a while. I need to listen to some more music, I have an "inspiration" playlist on my iPod, I need to get back in to that. It's full of musicians and songs I admire and aspire to. Also, I have a lot of ideas stored on my phone. Whenever I hear a melody or riff or bassline in my head I just sing it into the memo recorder on my cel. Helpful little tool. Well my phone is full of me singing little melodic lines, hopefully I can build on some of those for new composition ideas.

So that's how the day went. Pretty easy-going.

And yes, I succumbed to yet another Cadbury Egg.


About this entry


0 comments: