February draws to a close

... and this February brought with it what every other February brings us year after year after year. Those damn Cadbury Cream Eggs. I swear I'd be 30 lbs. Lighter if I had never eaten one in my 28 years. Carrie brought a package of 4 home as a surprise for me a couple of weeks ago. They were gone in less than 12 hours. I've averaged one a day ever since then. I went to the gym today, had a great workout. I stopped by the drug store on the way home to pick up something for Carrie. I told myself "in and out Lyman, get the goods and leave ..." Did it work that way? Of course not. The Easter Candy aisle sucked me in subconsciously and the next thing you know I'm holding one of those round yellow, blue and green eggs in my hand knowing that the white and yellow cream center inside a soft milk chocolate casing would put back every single calorie that I had just burned off. And I felt not one ounce of remorse.

What can I say? They are without a doubt the best candy I've ever had. I guess I should be thankful that A.) they aren't available the entire year and B.) Easter is not as over-commercialized as Christmas, so instead of hitting the candy stands 4 months before the holiday they are brought out only about a month and a half before the bunny comes.

This is a battle I can't win. Every February is like the Alamo for me. And them Cadbury Eggs get me every year.


About this entry


0 comments: