The Oscars

Carrie loves the Oscars. I must admit I like watching them too. I like it when artists are rewarded by their peers for something even if the awards shows can come off as shallow. But I do loathe the Grammies. Not because I'm being a snobby musician but because the categories I'm interested in (the jazz and traditional pop awards) aren't even a part of the show and, frankly, most of the pop/rock winners suck. Even if you don't agree with the Oscars, at least good movies usually win.

Tonight's Oscars struck me though. For some reason Beyoncee sang three of the 5 nominated songs that were performed on the show. She didn't sing the original recordings that earned the nominations, why the hell is she singing the songs on the show? Because she's a pop star and more people know who she is, that's why. Typical. The musicians who do the work get the shaft.

And what in the world does the Academy have against Scorsese? He's only directed some of the best movies ever, throw the guy a friggin' bone and give him a statue for cripes' sake.

So that's how my day's been so far; the gym, Cadbury Egg, and the Oscars. I did get some things done. I picked up a hotter (or louder) mix of the recording session I had last week and some other stuff I'd left at the studio. I also got a little more done on my press kit which will hopefully be done in the next few days.


About this entry


0 comments: