Fun and Sun in Spain

It has been a pretty good week. Mostly I´ve been at the beach during the day and out at bars at night. Not bad for a week off. The beach here is really beautiful and the water is really warm (I´m on the Meditarranean Sea if you don´t know). The nightlife here is fun as well, there is an area called El Barrio which is where we´ve spent the most time, bars with outdoor seating and a lot of folks around, we´ve met some nice people. I actually went dancing tonight, that´s the second time in one week ... Pretty rare for me.

In the middle of Alicante there is a beautiful old castle on a huge hill called Castillo De Santa Barbara. We walked up the other day, I got some pretty good shots that I´ll post eventually.

I think Spain is my new favorite country besides the US. Beautiful land, beautiful people, and a relaxed attitude toward life. One more day of coolin´ out then it´s back to work and off to Scotland on Monday.


About this entry


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous 8:19 AM

    Hey, world traveler:

    Looks like you're having a marvelous time! Hope you like Scotland...I loved it there...the moors...the castles...all that gothic atmosphere...

    You take care of yourself, Punky and remember all your Indiana mommies love you!

    SueAnne

     
  2. Traci~ 11:58 AM

    OH MY how jealous am I? I so want to see some pix.

     
  3. KHM 11:43 PM

    Can I tell you how much i miss Spain? How much it feels like home?

     
  4. Lyman 2:52 AM

    si, Espana es mui buena (or something like that)

    Scotland is fun, here now leaving for London in a few minutes.

     
  5. KHM 6:35 AM

    En mi corazón, vivo en España. Me mata que no he estado detrás. Tía Mary y tío Fred habrían podido darle algunas extremidades en barras en Alicante, estoy muy seguros. Pasamos una semana en Benidorm cuando fuimos ninos--- encima del camino de Alicante. ¿Ésas son algunas playas agradables, eh?

     
  6. Anonymous 1:25 PM

    It wasn't barras in Alicante it was bare breasts in Alicante. haha

    I didn't understand anything Kat said and I'm sure Lyman won't either. We'll need an interpreter.

    LYFE Mom

     
  7. Drew 2:08 PM

    "In my heart, I live in Spain." Not sure... "Aunt Mary and Uncle Fred" something "in Alicante, I was very safe. We spent a week in Benidorm when we were young - down the road from Alicante. There are some beautiful beaches there, eh?"

    Really not sure how accurate that is though since my Spanish is rusty, but that was how I read it.

     
  8. KHM 5:09 AM

    look at Drew...good thing I didn't say anything nasty! His translation is almost perfect. AltaVista has a translation service called BabelFish...

    The reference to Mom and Dad was about the good bars almost anywhere in Spain. Not for nothing their best friend was a bartender while we lived there...