Vitoria concluded, San Javier, and Alicante

The rest of our time in Vitoria was just fantastic. I think it's my new favorite city in my new favorite country. We met some great people and went to some local bars and clubs in additions to playing every night and seeing concerts by Serio Mendez and Sonny Rollins.

Sunday(after going to sleep around 6 AM) we hopped on a plane to play the San Javier Jazz Festival. It was fun despite being exhausted. Delfayo Marsalis and his group played before us and sounded great. I had actually met his bassist years ago and got to catch up with him.

Now we are in Alicante with the week off. Alicante is a tourist spot, today I went to the beach and plan on seeing some sights tomorrow. It will be nice to unwind after two very busy weeks. Here are some pics fo' ya'.

On stage in Vitoria


Downtown Vitoria


At the club


About this entry


7 comments:

  1. Anonymous 4:57 AM

    Looks like a wonderful little town. I can tell by your very dark circles that you definitely need alot more sleep than you've been getting. I'm sure the week off will do you good. You'll be rested and tan from coastin out at the beach and ready to play again.

    LYFE Mom

     
  2. KHM 7:25 AM

    you've got to love Spain; I surely do. And Spaniards are lovely, friendly people.

    You look quite happy, Lym. The very image of a cool jazz musician. I keep looking for traces of my sweet little baby cousin but you're looking much more like a grown up badass. hunkalicious, too.

     
  3. Lyman 12:37 PM

    badass and hunkalicious are definately adjectives that I endorse.

     
  4. KHM 12:45 PM

    i'm sure you get that all the time ;-)

     
  5. Anonymous 11:07 AM

    I googled Alicante, Spain to see where you've been doing your R&R and imagine my surprise when it brought up some random person's pictures that were put on the internet. The harbour looks lovely and then I saw the beach scene. Beach beautiful, girls topless. If you come home with mirror sunglasses and a deep tan we'll know where you spent all your time Sonny Man.

    LYFE Mom

     
  6. Lyman 8:41 PM

    I have been at the beach almost every day actually.

     
  7. Anonymous 8:35 AM