Countdown to Europe

I arrived home today. My sister-in-law Kelly and her husband Mike are in town for a visit, their visits are always a good time.

They brought the DVD to the extended music video for R. Kelly's "Trapped In The Closet." This masterpiece is both absurd and brilliant at the same time. I strongly urge you to watch it if you have the means.

So I leave Saturday for my big Europe trip. Luckily I don't have any work between now and then so I can focus on running some errands and preparing for the trip.

First stop, Istanbul.


About this entry


7 comments:

  1. KHM 6:59 AM

    Hey! You'd better have a blast in Europe. Are you going to experiment with Blogger's mobile blogging?---you could call in posts using a cell phone (if you have one that supports the international protocols...).

    I'd love to have a t-shirt from Montreaux, dude. How 'bout I mail you a check?

    Its looking like me and Rob are going to get to Sao Paulo next fall. I still want to make our annual trips center around jazz festivals but Rob's not biting.

     
  2. Lyman 1:09 PM

    I will scope one out for you, no check required.

     
  3. KHM 5:58 PM

    well, one good turn deserves another. I'll see what goodies might need to find their way to the West Coast.
    Ciao!

     
  4. Jeff 12:02 AM

    Because I'm lame and can't resist:

    Not Constantinople?

    Hope you have a great time!

     
  5. Jason 5:18 PM

    We'll miss ya bro, have a great trip. The "usuall souveneir" is always great. Don't forget to get that passport stamped and sample all the cuisine that I'm too much of a wimp to try.

     
  6. Lyman 5:30 PM

    Will do on every account. Which reminds me I should scan my passport sometime, it already has a ton of stamps and stuff.

     
  7. KHM 8:47 PM

    Passports can tell great stories. My current passport was opened with stamps for our honeymoon trip and the last trip I'll make with this trip is our trip to Lake Cuomo for our tenth anniversary. I like that. And the passport my Mom held in 1962 had included all three of her daughters (more or less) in the photo: Tracy at about 20 months, Beth at 5 mos and me in utero. Even then I was the cutest.
    LYFE---
    kat