The Pops

Our show with the Boston Pops went really well last night. It was a long day, we had to wake up at 6:30 to drive from Greenwich, CN (where we played a private party at an art gallery Thursday night) to Boston to make an 11:00 soundcheck and 1:00 rehearsal with the orchestra then check in to the hotel and get ready for the show.

I have to be honest, I was expecting some attitude from the orchestra. Lots of times these musicians don't really like playing pops concerts and look down on the music. It can be a drag. But everyone I've talked to in the Boston Pops has been cool and enthusiastic. Glad I was wrong.

We have another show with the orchestra tonight then a concert in northern Mass. tomorrow.


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. Jeff 9:41 AM

    The attitude you were expecting from the orchestra is pretty similar to the attitide cartoonists occasionally get from "Arteests."

    One more thing Jazz & Comics have in common.

     
  2. KHM 9:01 AM

    I don't think I told you that just a few weeks ago in the Wa Post Sunday mag they ran a feature on teh NSO. One of the bassists said, "My job is boring. That's what bass players do, stand in the background and make sure everyone feels the beat so they can play the real music." I damn near sent it to you. Can you imagine any professional musician saying that about his craft, much less in a major newspaper?

    Anywho, in marked contrast, you should see the goodies I have on my blog about you: www.movieswiththemullens.blogspot.com
    ciao!
    kat