work, work, work

After I came home from Europe and Carrie and I's vacation I was looking forward to doing a whole lot of nothing around the house this month before I hit the road again with Tyrell. By "whole lot of nothing" I mean practicing, playing video games, playing cards, just chillin' out. Well, it hasn't really worked out that way. Besides doing all of that work for Christian at the Hollywood Bowl I had quite a few rehearsals with Tyrell for some gigs we had this past week (the rehearsals were for a substitute pianist as Quinn couldn't make the dates).

But it finally looks like the next couple of weeks will be pretty light. That's good, I have a lot of things I want to do before October. Once October hits my road schedule gets really heavy.

And by the time November rolls around I'll be back in NYC for another engagement at the Carlyle.

This is both good and bad. Good because that much cheese is going to be really nice for the pocket book. Bad, of course, because my wife is pregnant. I asked her what she wanted and she wants for me to work, so there we go. I'll be able to fly home for my days off (Sundays and Mondays) a few times. I think we'll be fine.

I must admit, I'm looking forward to living in the city again for another couple of months. But we're traveling quite a bit before then including dates in the Midwest and northeast and a trip back to London.

So for the next couple of weeks, chill is all that's on the schedule.


About this entry


0 comments: