Home sweet home ...

I'm headed back to LA tonight (or more like tomorrow morning I guess). I'm really excited to see Carrie, Murphy, and Lil' Porkchop again. My flight leaves at 6:45 AM so I figure I'll just stay up through the night and sleep on the plane. I've been getting to bed around 4 AM each night anyway so it seems to make sense.

I'm worried about my flight back. I'm supposed to land at JFK around 3:00 PM and I need to be to the Carlyle by 8. I've heard everything from snowstorms to tornadoes (HA!) from people but weather.com says nothing of the sort. As of now, I think I'll be cool.

It's starting to get cold in the city. Perfect time for a trip back West.


About this entry


4 comments:

  1. KHM 8:17 AM

    Lym--hope you're having fun. Had a dream of you last night; I was on a bus with Eric Clapton and John Mayer....

     
  2. KHM 8:50 AM

    hey you---sorry for another comment but I just saw in DownBeat that Tyrell is allegedly appearing at the Cleveland Jazz Festival in April w/Chris Botti---wonder what that means for your participation. Inasmuch as Winard Harper, a fave of mine, is also on the bill for the fest, I might plan to come if you're going to be included... just wondering because the bill does NOT say Tyrell with Botti which would make me more hopeful... have you heard anything?

     
  3. Lyman 9:26 AM

    I haven't heard anything but we are going back to the Birchmere on April 18th. And I love John Mayer.

     
  4. KHM 9:31 AM

    Me, too!! Probably a different kind of thing, though...

    See you at the Birchmere; they're opening a new (and certainly more lovely) location in MD burbs... I'll hope for some time on either end of the gig with you.