I feel the Earth move under my feet

Kind of.

Last night I was awaken from a deep sleep by my wife shaking me and telling me there was an earthquake. She'd bolted out of bed and grabbed her shoes. I hadn't felt the earthquake at all and thought she was being melodramatic. You have to understand she is prone to babbling in her sleep and waking me up in the middle of the night mistaking the dog for the baby and telling me it was suffocating. So of course I thought she had dreamt the "earthquake". She assured me she heard the headboard and pictures rattle and that it was indeed for real. I was skeptical and went back to bed.

Sure enough a 4.5 magnitude earthquake hit near our home last night. 4.5 isn't very bad and in the media's ever-passionate attempt to keep everyone fearful channel 4 news sought out the worst damage it could find this morning. All they found was a few fallen ceiling panels at a 99 Cent Store.

So stay tuned loyal viewers, the big one has yet to hit!


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous 9:30 AM

    I remember my first earthquake when I lived in Hawaii. We were in bed and you could feel yourself bouncing on the bed, the bed bouncing on the floor and the house bouncing on the earth. It was very scarey to be awakened from your sleep by an earthquake. Then you get use to them and only panic if it's a big one. Glad you're all OK. LYFE Mom

     
  2. Jeffool 9:46 AM

    Earthen shuddering beneath your foots? That, sir, is uncalled for. But hey, at least it got that icky story about callouses off the top of your page. ;)

     
  3. KHM 9:01 PM

    I too felt earthquakes in Hawaii--- the first after having dozed on the couch after watching The Exorcist. Talk about bad timing...
    Glad you're ok!