Iraq/Indiana Market, what's the diff?

Surprisingly my last political post didn't spurn as much outrage and dissent as my previous posts had. That's probably because the position of the hospital I mentioned is flat-out indefensible even to the staunchest politically self-centered.

So you have to read an excellent post by my sister-in-law a her blog about hopelessly out-of-touch Indiana Representative Mike Pence who recently compared Iraq to an outdoor marketplace in Indiana. She links to a hilarious clip from the Daily Show where Hoosier soldiers in Iraq are interviewed and indeed they think Iraq is nothing like Indiana. Way to go Pence! Please vote this guy's ass out of office when his term is up!

***********

Mom's visit is really going well. We're not doing much besides spending a lot of time with Milo (which is the way grandma wants it).

Hopefully we'll have pics on the baby blog soon.


About this entry


4 comments:

  1. KHM 9:22 AM

    Seems like that guy has a habit of putting his foot in his mouth. What a ridiculous thing to say; how very insensitive.

    You've gotta love the Daily Show's way of taking this stuff on. Hilarious. Who knew there were so many kinds of dildos?

     
  2. Anonymous 11:09 AM

    Hey, Lyman -- who cares about politics when there's no pictures of your mom and that cute baby? Her co-workers are anxiously waiting to see them!

     
  3. Anonymous 5:48 AM

    That's the kind of "Bush speak" that drives me crazy. At least the Gonzo decided to resign...couldn't get much worse than that moron. If I were hispanic, I'd be embarrassed. Just two more years and hopefully we'll be rid of these idiots. I'm just so sorry for the dedicated soldiers losing their lives daily in a no-win situation. Never thought I'd see that again after Vietnam...history does repeat itself, if you live long enough.

    Have fun on the east coast. I've missed your Mom a lot...just knowing she's NOT there makes me a but lonely...LOL

    Take care & kiss that handsome baby boy for me when you get back on Sunday.

    Love you,
    SueAnne

     
  4. KHM 6:01 AM

    But SueAnne: what do you really think, honey? Love you!