Livin' in the City

The apartment situation hasn't improved at all but I must say I'm dealing with it quite well. The thing is, when you're in New York the city is your home and all you really need is a place to sleep, dig? So I've been out and about doing New York things to get out of the apartment during the down-time. The Grishams (our Superfans) have taken me out to lunch the past couple of days including this afternoon at the fantastic Carnegie Deli. Best cheesecake ever. We also took a nice walk through Central Park, the weather was really nice today and the sky was clear and blue which was good since it has been gray and rainy all week.

Our days off this week aren't really days off since we have to play a private party at the Carlyle tomorrow night (during the Colts game of course, perfect).

Only one more week of work before I get to go home and see Carrie and the baby. I can't wait. There's a whole mess of in-laws at our place at the moment.

I'm hearing holiday music all over the place.


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. KHM 5:24 AM

    I think it *blows* that holiday music is playing everywhere---I even ranted a tiny bit at the studio where my guitar lessons are held because they were doing it, too.

    A "mess" of in-laws? I thought it was just Penny?

    Rob almost cried when I told him you were at Carnegie Deli. He would have one of their $20 pastrami sandwiches every single day (hold the bread; why bother?). But I'm with you: its all about the cheesecake! Is your photo on the wall yet? We always hit that before heading to Penn Station...if you have to leave NYC, it helps to have some cheesecake for the train ride home...you might try it this winter...hint,hint...

     
  2. Anonymous 8:33 PM

    Lyman,

    We miss you guys already! The city is fabulous and we always enjoy our time in NYC. The walk through the park was great and so was the cheesecake. Hope the times passes quickly so you can go home to Carrie and Milo. Love you bunches.

    Trish & Larry
    P.S. Give our regards to the boys.