Back Where I Belong

I'm in the JetBlue Terminal of JFK waiting for my flight back home where I will stay through the holidays. The apartment situation was never resolved, when I asked for different accommodations for my wife and baby's visit it was made apparent to me that that was not an option either. Since I'm not going to spend Christmas away from them and I won't even consider bringing them to that apartment I've decided to go home. Don't freak out. I talked with my boss and it appears that we're both on the same page although I don't think either of us are happy with the situation. I'll be joining the band in Los Cabos, Mexico for a private next weekend.

But I'm quite relieved to be headed home. The stress of staying in that apartment was getting to me. I took some pictures of the water damage, mold and mouse droppings, they're quite funny actually. The last few weeks haven't been totally bleak. The shows went really well and I saw some great music in the city including trumpeter Roy Hargrove at the Village Vanguard and organ player Sam Yahel at the Jazz Standard. I also had a little jam session with two old friends of mine who are both rather accomplished NY jazz musicians these days. It was a blast. And I made it to my favorite soul-food restaurant Ruthie's as well.

If I've never mentioned this, I love JetBlue. Not only do they have free WiFi at their terminals and Direct TV on the plane but the fee to change a ticket is only $10 and you can cancel your flight at any time and the money used to buy the ticket is refunded as credit towards a later flight. Not to mention the fact they fly to Burbank which is less than 20 min. from our home.

Now if we could only get them to fly to Indy ...

So sorry I haven't been online much (if you recall there was no internet at the apt.; no cable either ... and no furniture ... and no extra towels or bed linens ... and no ...) if you've been waiting on a email from me thanks for your patience. I'll be 'around' a lot more now.


About this entry


5 comments:

  1. Jason 12:28 PM

    Sorry to hear things didn't go as planned or expected but the fam comes first and I'd do the same thing. Have a wonderful holiday at home this year!!

     
  2. kbmulder 6:18 PM

    Glad you will be back home with Carrie & Milo for his first Christmas! What a treat!

     
  3. Lyman 11:06 PM

    Sorry we missed each other Jeff, won't happen again!

     
  4. Anonymous 4:22 AM

    Oh there's no place like home for the holidays and no matter how far away you roam, if you want to be happy in a million ways, for the holidays you can't beat home sweet home. You made the right decision. LYFE Mom

     
  5. KHM 8:04 AM

    Yay you. Whatever! I wanted to see you at Christmas. Who's going to console ME? All this---oh good for YOU, Lyman! Good for Carrie and Milo and blah blah blah! I ask you again, Mr. Man: what about me?