Damn Gina!

Carrie and I went car shopping yesterday. If you remember the debacle with my wagon this summer then you also remember it's time to by a new vehicle. My father-in-law won't be happy and my grandfather is probably rolling over in his grave but we looked at Toyotas. I need some size so we checked out their Highlanders and RAV4s. Ideally we'd like to get a Hybrid but they are just out of our price range at the moment. I really liked the RAV4 and so far it is top of the list. Next up is the Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda Pilot, Mazda CX-9, Mitsubishi Endeavor, and (yes Dave) the GMC Acadia. Hopefully we'll have a new car very soon.

Afterward we went to the grocery store. As we were shopping a lady pulled out of one of the aisles, saw Milo and said "that is such a cute baby!" Carrie chuckled and said "thank you" but I was speechless. I don't get starstruck probably because my ego is so huge that I don't see them as being on a different level as me (did I tell you about the time I met Madonna?). But this woman was none other than Tisha Campbell who played Gina on the great 90s sitcom Martin. For those who don't know my bass is named Gina after the character and how Martin used to say "Damn Gina!" all of the time. Man that show was funny. We ran into her again, she had her little 5 or 6 year-old son with her as well, Gina ... errr, Tisha said "The grow up fast, hug 'em now!" Carrie didn't recognize her at the time and I don't think she does now either. If I had had a camera I would've asked for a picture.

Big Colts game today y'all, make sure you're wearing your blue and white.


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. KHM 7:01 PM

    Did you not tell her about your Gina? You totally should have!

     
  2. Lyman 7:37 PM

    I know I should've but I wussed out. I think if I had known her real name (which I didn't at the time) I would've talked to her.

     
  3. kbmulder 6:28 AM

    I bet it's nice to be a famous person, and not have to worry about being mobbed in the grocery store. I totally remember her! Cool!