All-Inclusive

I flew to Cabo San Lucas yesterday to meet up with Tyrell and the rest of the band for a gig. I also had a gig Friday night and had to leave at 5:30 AM Saturday morning so needless to say there wasn't much sleep to be had, but I didn't check any luggage so the airport was a breeze. Once in Cabo I found out we were staying at an all-inclusive resort; you don't have to pay for food, booze, anything. Pretty sweet. I had lunch with the guys and caught up with them, it sounds like the Carlyle is going well for them.

So here's what the gig was: this lady named Peaches (no kidding) flew her friends and family to Cabo on a chartered 737, rented out an ENTIRE resort for them (there were no other guests at the hotel, just those there for the party), and hired bands to play every night for three nights to celebrate her husband's 85th birthday. That is some wealth folks. After we played an Afro-Cuban band lead by the organizer of the Buena Vista Social club went on. They were fantastic.

good music + free booze = nasty hangover

Despite being nauseous and foggy-headed I made it the airport alright. I ordered a snack at the airport restaurant and didn't notice the 'cash only' sign until I was nearly done. I asked the bartender where the ATM was and he told me "downstairs, they only give pesos." So I would have to go through security again and withdraw pesos for a $6 tab. Drag! Luckily there was a really nice guy next to me who I was talking to who picked up my check, lucky me. So I have some good karma I need to pay forward, who needs a favor?

Its good to be home. Even though I was gone less than 36 hours there's something about leaving the country that makes your trip feel longer.

My schedule is all clear until we leave for Indy. I plan on continuing the car search, practicing and hanging with Milo until then.

And say hello to Milo's new cousin, Craig Harrison Barnett. Welcome to the family boy, your December 2023 issue of Playboy awaits.


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. KHM 7:30 AM

    Favor request: Can't find the Black Kids song you talked about over on Top Five. Want it. Hook me up. Please.

     
  2. Lyman 1:26 PM

    It's on their myspace page, they used to have the entire EP available for download but it appears as if you can only listen to it now.

     
  3. KHM 2:59 PM

    So---were you the lucky cousin who downloaded it and could share? 'cuz you could probably email it...