Wrapping It Up

Well our trip back to the Midwest was fantastic. After Carrie and I got over our 24-hour stomach bug (which then moved to my sister-in-law, then brother-in-law, then aunt!) it was smooth sailing. We had a lot of fun seeing family and friends although it did get a bit crazy for me as I was doing so much the last few days of our visit. Even though we've left Indiana in the past thinking "that vacation was the perfect amount of time" this time I wish we could've stayed around longer. Milo charmed everyone he saw and really enjoyed his first Christmas. Grandma even taught him how to wave!

Notable Christmas loot:

The Wire Season 4 DVD-I guess my cousin Kathy heard my no-so-subtle hints as to how much I wanted this.

Choke by Chuck Pahlaniuk, The Invisibles vols. 1 & 2by Grant Morrisson-If you know Pahlaniuk, Morrisson and my mother-in-law you will quickly realize she raided my Amazon Wish List to discover these books. I can't wait to read them.

'Heat Pillow'-I don't know what else to call this but my sis-in-law K made me this pillow-like tube that you can microwave to keep hot then put it on sore muscles and such. I'm sure it will come in handy soon.

And my Mom provided some much-needed dough to help us afford our late trip back home which was really fantastic of her.

We finally made it home and after buying a new phone I've been knee-deep in car-buying ever since. It doesn't appear I'll get the killer deal I was hoping for as the vehicle we want is a really hot item and the best-selling in its class. I'm currently playing phone-tag with a bunch of dealers trying to get the best offer.

Is it really New Year's Eve tomorrow?! Yikes! I'm working tomorrow night, the gig should be pretty fun and laid-back. I was hoping to do a long, reflective "best of 2007" blog but I'm not in the mood at the moment. But go to Top Five and tell me about your favorite '07 memories.


About this entry


8 comments:

  1. KHM 6:22 PM

    Cousin Kathy is aiding and abetting your Wire habit---gotta have someone to share the love with, right? I can't wait for Season 5 so you'd better get busy with viewing 4....its AMAZING!! Stunning!

    Sounds like a great trip, cousin. Glad you had a good holiday--I'm glad so many got to spend the holiday with little charming Milo...

    You married into such a great family of readers... lucky you!

     
  2. Jeffool 2:42 AM

    Just wanted to chime in to say Choke was definitely worth the read. You'll enjoy.

    If your family enjoys it as much as Kathy here lets on, mayhaps you folk'll enjoy GoodReads.net Good site. Catalogue, review, and rate books you've read, and also note books you want to read. Even start a 'group' and do the whole 'book club' thing. It's mySpace for the literate.

    ... Wow, I sound like a shill.

     
  3. Lyman 3:06 AM

    yeah man, they givin' you a cut or something?

    but it does sound like a cool site

     
  4. KHM 10:45 AM

    i'll check it out 'Fool BUT--you ought to check out Bookish by Lyman's SIL---she's the truly book-y one. Funny and smart, too.

     
  5. KHM 10:48 AM
  6. Jeffool 9:04 PM

    Er, yeah, sorry. It's GoodReads.com

    Now, the question is, what's the link to Bookish?

     
  7. KHM 10:41 AM

    http://www.wellread1.blogspot.com

    Must be some bad code on this page; I know I wrote that URL correctly...

     
  8. Special K 9:16 AM

    Why, thank you, Kathy! I've seen goodreads before but after I already entered all my books into LibraryThing.com, so I didn't want to do it all over again. Looks cool, though, bit more personal.