It's Done?

Well all of the music is finally recorded for my album.

The last session was yesterday. I was really stressed before and during, I didn’t know how the band would sound because I hadn’t played with the drummer or vocalist that much and I wasn’t as confident with the songs. But it went really well and I’m happy with the way everybody played. The drummer Chris was great, he’s a very creative drummer who is really in to world percussion. He brought a very unique voice to the music. And Jess, the vocalist, was fantastic. She has a sexy voice with a beautiful tone that was perfectly captured.

I thought I’d feel relieved when the session was over and I was finally done recording the music. But the fact is now the tracks have to mixed and I have to start on the CD insert design. Those things are really important and could take quite a while to finish. I’m not sure who I’m going to work with for either yet although I have some ideas. I have friends who are willing to help me out mixing and with the design but both are very busy and I’d rather not sit on the stuff for too long. I could go elsewhere but that could get expensive. So no relief for me yet!

I have a really busy July ahead of me, lots of music and an improve class for high schoolers that I’m teaching. I haven’t taught since I was in graduate school, should be interesting.

On a sidenote, I saw War of the Worlds last night. Even though Tom Cruise is a raving lunatic who reaching Michael Jackson-levels of weirdo-ness, it’s a really good movie.


About this entry


4 comments:

  1. Ed 12:56 PM

    I'm sorry I didn't get back to you in time. I hit a rough patch there.

    I can't wait until the whole thing is done so I can buy it.

     
  2. Lyman 4:33 PM

    No problemo m'man

     
  3. Jason 7:53 PM

    Glad it's getting "done" man, now I know why you were so busy and forgot to call me on my 30th....
    Take care bro, I hope you get it all mixed and set.

     
  4. Lyman 1:00 AM

    What?

    Better check your facts, your birthday is August 1st. I swear it is.