A night at the Bowl/The "home stretch" for my record

Friday night I had a gig at the Hollywood Bowl. I wasn’t playing on the main stage or anything (although I did perform there with Buble a couple of years ago), I played with a small jazz combo for a VIP party before the concert began. Not only did the gig pay pretty well but I also got two free tickets to the show. How convenient since my anniversary was Friday as well.

So Carrie went with me to the gig then we attended the concert. We had a picnic of sandwiches, cheese, wine, grapes, and chocolate. The show featured a tribute to Frank Sinatra with Quincy Jones and Frank Jr. Violin virtuoso Joshua Bell also performed. It was a nice concert and we had a good time (Trisha Yearwood played as well but we didn’t really care to see her and bolted to beat the enormous crowd). The Bowl is a fun place, great venue to hear “classical” music but not for jazz. It’s not intimate enough.

Last night I had a gig with a really great vocalist I love playing with. She had some really creative musicians on the gig, it was a lot of fun even though the crowd was practically non-existent.

Wish me luck folks, the final recording session for my record is scheduled for Thursday. I still have to finish the chart for the new song I wrote and I need to work out some arrangements on top of having a really busy week work-wise. But it will be good and I’ll be very relieved to have all of the tracks down.

Peace and chicken grease …


About this entry


1 comments:

  1. Anonymous 4:02 AM

    nice site about stewardess stripped

    i been interested in stewardess stripped for ages now and when i was searching for stuff to do with stewardess stripped

    i came across here your ranked high for stewardess stripped

    Check my site :) stewardess stripped