I’m leaving early tomorrow to perform with The Butterfat Trio at The International Society of Bassists Convention. I’m really looking forward to it while being nervous at the same time. A lot of heavy bassists are going to be there including old teachers of mine, many professors, symphony bassists, etc. Hopefully they dig our brand of experimental funk. The convention is back in good ol’ Kalamazoo, MI at Western Michigan University my alma mater. It will be a fun trip.

Before I leave I have a really interesting gig with Tyrell today. We are playing a big scholarship fundraiser at UCLA along with a host of other big time musicians including Diana Krall and John Clayton.

Two high pressure gigs within a few days of each other. No problemo.


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. Ed 7:13 AM

    I can't wait to hear how it all went down. I've got a mondo crush on Diana Krall, too. If my wife could sing like that, I'd be devestated every hour of the goddamn day.

     
  2. Lyman 8:18 AM

    Yeah, she's something else fo' sho'