A day off

Well, the week-long run at Catalina’s is finally over. And I’m pretty happy it is. Not that I didn’t have a good time or anything, but we played 11 sets in 7 days. That’s a lot. A helluva lot. Add that to the fact that I was either working or flying every single day from 6/4-6/19 and you can see where I’m coming from. But I did have fun playing. Some interesting celebs came out including Burt Bacharach, Debbie Reynolds, Sally Kellerman, Gavin McCloud (Capt. Steubing from the Love Boat), and Andy Griffith. And the band sounded really good, we didn’t really have one weak set.

So I have some a couple of relaxing weeks ahead of me with a few gigs around town. So that means it’s time to finish up recording my record. I’ve contacted all of the musicians I’m going to use and everyone is down. Myself, Quinn (the pianist), and Chris (the drummer, making him #3 for the entire record … it’s like Spinal Tap) all have a gig tomorrow night so we’re going to nail down a day and time then.

And I FINALLY have written a song with lyrics that I’m proud of. I have a few more lines to churn out and I have to get an arrangement down but I’m pretty happy with what I have so far. Writer’s block be damned!

Saw Batman Begins yesterday. It was good. Not as good as it could've been, but I enjoyed it.

Peace and Chicken Grease ...


About this entry


0 comments: