Tired ...

I am beat.

Yesterday the band drove up to Carmel, CA for a performance with Tyrell. Carrie decided to come along and I’m very glad she did. The theater was really nice and we had a good show. I had a lot of fun during the set and was really energetic, probably because the sound was so good. Later that night we partied it up like we usually do but this time Carrie was around which made it even more fun.

So it was up early this morning to head back to LA. But we got stuck in atrocious traffic and didn’t get back home until 8:00 or so. Tomorrow it starts all over again with a soundcheck and our first show of a week long stint at Catalina’s.

The summer is really booking up for me. I have to finish recording the album and soon. Damn writers block … if I could just get some lyrics down for a song or two I’d be ready to head in and finish the music. I might have to go ahead anyway, maybe I wasn’t meant to finish these songs.

I picked up a CD by a great singer/songwriter named Rachael Yamagata. Great stuff, good songs, unique voice, beautiful woman … more later on my odd listening trends lately.


About this entry


0 comments: