Musics of the Moment

So I’ve been listening to some different stuff lately. But oddly enough most of my CD purchases over the past couple of months fall into two genres; experimental jazz and singer/songwriter.

Funny thing is this is totally subconscious. I’ve really felt inspired listening to experimental stuff lately. Jazz is alive and well folks; don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. I’m guessing since I’m in the midst of recording my own record that these new artists and new sounds give me encouragement subconsciously.



yo Posted by Hello

Recent CD purchases include:
The Nels Cline Singers The Giant Pin
Vijay Iyer Reimagining
Happy Apple The Peace Between Our Companies


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. Lena 10:17 AM

    I've never heard of any of these groups/people. I may need to conduct a websearch on them sometime.

     
  2. Lyman 12:22 AM

    Yeah, it's some crazy stuff. Be prepared, not for the faint of heart!