Summer Begins/Mr. Doughty

Things have been relatively relaxed for a few days which is good. A few months ago I was worried about this summer because Tyrell is taking so much time off to finish Rod Stewart’s next record (Rod Rapes The Standards Vol. 4). But I tell you, July is getting really busy. I’m teaching a summer improvisation class to a bunch of high school kids with the guys from the Mancini Institute, I have a few things around town with Tyrell and others, then I have two trips planned. One is my annual trip to the San Diego Comic Book Convention, which is nirvana to a geek such as myself. Then it’s back to Indiana for another wedding. Lots of stuff going on, but it should be fun.

I have really been getting in to Mike Doughty lately. Remember him? He’s the guy I tried to go see in Hollywood before driving all the way down there and finding out the show was sold out. Well I really love his latest record:


Haughty Melodic Posted by Hello

It’s just really good singer/songwriter stuff that has great production, great hooks, and great lyrics. One of the best things I’ve heard all year.

Now when I discover an artist like this I have to get more of their stuff. This lead me to buy:


About this entry


0 comments: