Carlyle Week 1/The Only Way to Travel

The first week at the Carlyle was quite fun actually. The band is really sounding good and the audiences have been enthusiastic. Wednesday night Regis threw us a little opening party, celebrities there included Susan Lucci, Clive Davis, and Israli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (of all people!). Regis's wife Joy said I was a star. HAH! Later in the week Katie Couric and the host of either Entertainment Tonight or Access Hollywood came. I forget which one.

Friday after the show we flew to Detroit to play a very rich man's birthday party Saturday. How rich was this guy? We flew in his private jet from NYC to Detroit. I hope I work with an artist rich enough to have their own jet one day because holy moly, that is the ONLY way to travel. Comfortable, quiet, I could go on and on. I took some pictures I'll have up soon.

I'm blogging from our hotel here in Michigan, about to head back to NYC.

Good news is we land just in time for me to watch the game.


About this entry


4 comments:

  1. Special K 8:01 AM

    Shut UP! No way, a private jet?

     
  2. Anonymous 4:52 PM

    Lyman, I just read the blog you sent out this morning from Detroit before flying back to NYC.
    Theresa and I have asked Steve very often if he could arrange to perform in the Detroit area some time so that we don't have to travel from our Detroit suburb to London or LA to see you guys perform.
    This rich guy in the Detroit area really got a great treat for his birthday! Lucky Michigander!
    Well, at least we'll be seeing all of you twice in December at the Carlyle.
    Marcel G.

     
  3. Special K 8:12 PM

    Wait - I thought Sharon was in a coma?

     
  4. Lyman 7:29 AM

    Now that you mention it, I think you're right. Anyway, the Prime Minister of Israel was there, I'm obviously behind on my Middle East political leaders.