More London

My time here in London has been really good so far. The crowds at Ronnie Scott's were enthusiastic and I think we did pretty well there. Our hotel and the London weather are both nicer than they were when we were here a couple of months ago.

Once again I hung with London's finest host, my buddy Dom. Last Tuesday he took me to a poetry reading he reads at regularly. It was fun and there were some pretty good poets there (some mediocre ones too). Unfortunately I had to go to the club before he performed.

Saturday was the best, Dominick and I went to an actual Premier League Football Match (that's soccer to you Yanks, HA!). We had a great time even though Dom's team Evarton lost because the American goalkeeper I was rooting for let a ball fall right over his head and into the net. It was a great experience, hope I can go to another sometime.

I saw Borat last Thurs. Please go see it. I don't think I've ever laughed so much at a movie before in my life. Funny stuff, not for the easily offended.

So we have today and tomorrow off then the rest of the week is about as hectic as you can get. Wed. we fly to Hamburg to tape a television show (the German 'Dancing With The Stars'), on Thurs. we fly back to London to tape another television show (Parkinson, the English Johnny Carson), on Fri. we fly to Stuttgart for a concert, on Sat. we take a train to Berlin for a concert, and on Sun. we finally fly back to the good ol' USA, NYC to be specific. Next Tues. begins our long run at the Carlyle.


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. KHM 8:21 AM

    Hey baby---can you send me an email with some info to help me plan a weekend in NYC to check you guys out at the Carlyle? If there's anyway your near-favorite cousin could score the "band-rate" that would be awesome. I'd like to persuade my folks to come as well.

     
  2. KHM 8:58 AM

    PLus---meant to say we love Sacha Baron Cohen, and Borat; its good to have your reaction to it!