The Wait

Well, not a whole lot happening here. We're just hanging out and waiting for Porkchop to make his grand entrance. Kelly came in to town yesterday, I've been cooking and we've been running around doing stuff.

But that's it.

I do want to mention that I forgot a couple of movies in my top 10. The Fountain was one of the best made films of the past few years. A lot of folks found it pretentious and hated it, but I loved it. Also Zach Braff's movie The Last Kiss really spoke to me. It's about a guy who kind of freaks out when he finds out his fiancee is pregnant. I highly recommend it.

Also the records in rotation to the left has been updated. How did this record get by me?

David Gilmore is a really great guitar player that has been on the scene for a while. He has a really intense tone, don't let the smooth jazz-esque cover fool you, he always rocks it. And the band? The Band! The record features Jeff 'Tain' Watts on drums and the one and only Christian McBride on bass. Christian told me about the record when I was in NYC, I thought it would be out later this year but in fact it came out months ago. A record like this should've been on my radar. It's some bad stuff.


About this entry


1 comments:

  1. KHM 6:52 AM

    David Gilmore appeared with McBride at the gig I caught last year at the Kennedy Center. Let me tell you---he blew me away and I've meant to check him out so thanks for the reminder. He's a cool cat.

    I had to explain to Rob that it really WASN'T going to be David Gilmore from Pink Floyd.