The Time Has Come

... for me to leave.

I'm heading out to NYC for the rest of the year tomorrow. We actually have a gig in Boston and Saratoga over the weekend before opening at the Carlyle on Tues. This year is going to be pretty rough since I'll be missing Milo but we have our visits well-planned so that will help. I'm coming back to LA on Nov. 18-19 and Dec. 2-3. Then Milo and Carrie will join me in the city for the second half of April. Baby's First Christmas is going to be on tour, he's a pro already. Skype will help also. Thank heavens for grandma! Carrie's mom is coming to visit for three whole weeks which makes me feel a lot better about leaving her alone. Both Milo and Murphy can be quite a handful.

I've resolved to be as healthy as possible this trip to avoid getting sick. I've already had one cold this year, I don't need another. NYC is a beautiful place but it can really seem wretched if you have a cold and its cold and rainy outside. So I don't plan on drinking on an empty stomach and blacking out like I did last year. Hooo-boy!

So wish me well and keep Carrie and the baby in your thoughts. I'll be online with updates from the city.


About this entry


10 comments:

  1. Anonymous 12:14 PM

    "join me in the city for the second half of April."

    Are you really there that long?!?!?

     
  2. Anonymous 12:48 PM

    No, he meant December and they'll get to be together for Christmas in the city. I can't believe it's time for you to already. I'm glad the other Grandma will be there for love and support while you're gone too. I'm sure she'll have stories when she gets back. LYFE Mom

     
  3. Special K 2:07 PM

    Oh, shoot, I just mailed this New Yorker story about the Carlyle to you in LA. But then I found it
    online. You'll have to let us know if the space is much improved.

    Happy Travels!

     
  4. Anonymous 7:33 AM

    Safe Travels. We will see you Nov 6-11. Where do you want to eat?
    XO
    Trish & Larry

     
  5. Lyman 6:34 PM

    There's a great falafel cart on 6th Ave. ...

     
  6. KHM 7:16 PM

    mmmmm; I love me some falafel!

     
  7. Jason 6:33 AM

    I am really going to miss the calls at 3am with you rambling on if you skip the black out part of this year's trip.

     
  8. KHM 7:56 AM

    see now Lyman and jason, that's the part of last year's trip that you guys just taunt us with. Either tell the story or give it up.

     
  9. Anonymous 10:20 AM

    Gross.
    Trish

     
  10. Corinne 5:47 AM

    Ahhhhhhh, the sound of Jason's cell phone ringing at 3 in the morning and scaring the crap out of us!!! How I am going to miss that?!?!

    Have a safe time in NYC Lyman.