Oh, Boston ...

... such a fun city. Why must I hate your sports teams so much?

I've become quite a passionate Lakers fan since moving to L.A. The Indiana Pacers will always be first in my heart but you realize how regional pro sports are when you move across the country. The Pacers are never on TV, ever! And the only news I hear about them is which one most recently got arrested at a strip club on 38th St. This town however lives and breathes the Lakers so its quite easy to become a fan.

Tonight the Lakers lost to the Boston Celtics in the NBA Finals in a most humiliating fashion. They gave up a 24 pt. lead to lose by 6 on their own court. Awful. This coupled with my deep emotional hatred of the New England Patriots really adds to my disdain for the city of Boston which is too bad, I always have a lot of fun when I go there.

Since I'm not touring as much on the East Coast these days I can fully start despising Boston especially if they go on to win the Finals.

Boston, you're on notice!


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. Drew 2:09 PM

    I agree with you on the Pats thing, but I think you might as well start hating Boston because I don't see the Celtics losing two games at home. That place has been good to them all season and in the playoffs.

     
  2. Daddy 4:08 AM

    You are not alone root against the Boston teams--I do it too, and I live here!
    --patrick