Tokyo

What can I say about Tokyo? I love this place. The food, the people, the hospitality, I could go on and on. Gyms and Spas are very popular in Asia so yesterday I worked out/swam/steamed before souncheck, there is no better way to get rid of the airplane funk that overcomes your body after so much traveling. We opened at the Blue Note last night and the crowds were great. Today I walked around the streets of Tokyo, the weather has really been great.

This sign says "bass players are to be treated as royalty" ... or something like that.

Saturday night we went to a sushi place, I ordered crab miso and that's exactly what I got-this furry guy floating in soup.

I made short work of the crab. And the sushi. And the beer.

The streets of Roppongi an area of Tokyo popular for its night clubs.

Gimme dat Ramen! Lunch today was Ramen soup with egg, seaweed paper, and pork. It was fantastic. Japan and Europe are really different culturally when it comes to food. In Spain, Italy, or France you better have a good hour or so to spare when you are having a meal. In Japan food carts, noodle shops where you stand to eat, and food on the go are normal things. In this Ramen shop you pay for your food at a machine near the front door, the machine ejected a receipt that you give to a worker who makes your food. This saves time I guess. The best part is the food is better than anything you'd get at McDonald's.


About this entry


5 comments:

  1. KHM 7:57 AM

    amazing. fabulous. enviable.

     
  2. kbmulder 7:47 PM

    Normally, I would say that food looks great, but the morning sickness says look away. Glad you are enjoying a fabulous city and fabulous food!

     
  3. clterry 2:12 PM

    What Kathy are you pregnant?

    Sorry Lyman, I know this is your blog, but I hadn't heard.

    That does look like great food. I think I would need you when I go to Japan to help me pick out the food though. Glad you are having a great time, looks like lots of fun. Except for the riots.

     
  4. Lyman 10:11 AM

    Not riots, they weren't violent or anything. Just protests.

     
  5. kbmulder 8:31 AM

    Yes, I'm pregnant! Just 12 weeks along, so just going public with it.