Back Home

So I'm back from a roller-coaster visit to Indianapolis. I had a wonderful time. The show Friday night was incredible. There were so many people who came to see me and support me I almost was overwhelmed. During the show it was quite obvious that a large percentage of the crowd was there to see me instead of my BOSS ... but Tyrell was a good sport about it and the band had a good time. You can see some pictures on J's Blog.

Thank you to everyone who came out to the show. I hope to be back to Indy with my own band early next year.

The rest of the time in Indy I spent visiting with friends and family and watching the Colts whup up on the Jaguars. I had a great time at the game and a great time seeing some old friends. I even went back to my old high school yesterday to visit with my old band director. Things have changed a lot at the school, sure sign I'm getting older. But it was great to be re-united with the man who first introduced me to jazz.

Now it is back to work, recording session today and tomorrow, show with Tyrell on Saturday, then we leave for a three-week long tour (that indcludes Japan) on Monday.

Just so you know, I've changed the settings on my blog so anyone can leave a comment if they like, not just registered bloggers.


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous 9:42 AM

    You're awesome, nephew.

     
  2. Drew 10:41 AM

    I'm glad Julie and I were able to make the show. It was good to see you and I'm glad that Steve was cool about not being the "main attraction". What did you think of the high school? I couldn't even find my way around parts of it when I went a few years back.

     
  3. Lyman 8:36 PM

    Ben Davis High School is an entirely different place these days. The band facilities are top-notch though. They have plenty of rehearsal rooms, practice rooms, etc. It's great. I wish it was that nice when we went there.

    But that's the only part I went to. I didn't even stroll around the rest of the school.