Downbeat

If any of you out there read Downbeat, the jazz magazine, check out page 166 of the October issue. There you will find a picture of yours truly jammin' onstage at the International Society of Bassists Convention. The picture is part of the "Student Music Guide" section of the magazine. Every year Downbeat has a special issue covering all of the schools in the country with a jazz department. I can only assume my teacher at WMU sent in the pic as the caption says "Lyman Medeiros, Western Michigan alumnus."

So it's not like an article on me or anything. But it is a cool picture. And it's cool to be in the magazine regardless.


About this entry


7 comments:

  1. Lena 7:52 AM

    Sweet deal. I'm going to check it out today.

     
  2. Anonymous 7:55 AM

    I will check it out for sure and save it to sell for big bucks when you're rich and famous.

    Mom

     
  3. Lyman 7:59 AM

    bah! It won't be worth the paper it is printed on by then.

     
  4. KHM 9:43 AM

    and mad props to cousin Kat for pointing it out. Glad to know you saw it. You look sooooo amazing, too. Funky Supervillain!

     
  5. Lyman 7:04 PM

    HA!

    Thanks for the heads up. But I almost wished you hadn't told me. For some reason you got your magazine a WEEK before I got mine in the mail. Between when you called me and when my subscription issue came I scoured ever Borders and Barnes and Noble I could find to no avail. I was going nuts.

    Finally saw it. And thank you for the compliment!

     
  6. MarkAndrew 7:40 PM

    Hah! I wondered if that was you.

     
  7. Lyman 1:27 PM

    Wonder no more Cheeks!