London/Almost Home

London has been fantastic. Ronnie Scott's is a really nice club and the people who work there are very cool (except for one asshole who works the door and has given us a hard time about geusts and the like ... but everyone else is a'ight).

There is a house band at Ronnies who play sets before and after us. At the end of the night things get loose and it turns into a bit of a jam session. That's such a good idea, I wish jazz clubs back home had house bands.

I've been able to see quite a bit of London the past week. On Friday my good friend Dom showed me around taking me to some great comic book shops and the British Museum, that night he and his lovely fiancee Sally came to the show (I'd like to mention that their first date together was to see me play as well, three years ago when I was with Buble ... I'm a bit of a Cupid I geuss). On Saturday Tina Sinatra got us all tickets to see the Sinatra musical that is playing in SoHo. It's a live band and dancers performing to video footage of Sinatra singing. It sounds hokey but it really is great, I enjoyed it quite a bit. That night I met with another Londoner friend of mine Wasim who attended the show that night as well.

On Sunday I had a fantastic 'English Lunch' at Sally's flat. Dom described it a bit in the comments section of the last post, but I had a really fun time. Going out to clubs and doing the tourist thing can be fun, but getting a taste of real London life is better. Thanks guys!

Yesterday I took a bus tour of London. That's how I like to see the sights, while sitting down! It was a really nice day (luckily, the heat was unbearable last week) which made for a great tour.

So that's it baby, today is our last day at Ronnie's and our last performance in Europe. I've been gone for four weeks and can't wait to get home. This has been a fantastic month and I love Europe so much, but being away from Carrie and Murphy for this long sucks.

I'll see y'all back in LA.


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous 4:45 AM

    I'm glad your adventure is about at it's end and you will be back home with your family. A whole month to rest with Carrie home too will be a treat you both will love. Not to mention your little vacation to where ever you'll be taking with Carrie and Murphy. Fly carefully tomorrow.

    LYFE Mom

     
  2. Anonymous 9:22 PM

    Where did you find it? Interesting read » »