Lyman, Carrie, and the Baby

Our story begins in 2000 in a small one-bedroom apartment in Encino, after our marriage and after the exodus to Los Angeles ...


Carrie: I want to have a baby.
Lyman: No, we don't have enough money and our apartment is way too small.

*******

Carrie: I thought I might be pregnant, but I'm not. So I bought this hamster to love and nurture.
Lyman: Ummmm, okay.

*******

Carrie: I want to buy home, that way we can get a dog for me to love and nurture.
Lyman: Ummmm, okay.

*******

Carrie: I'm graduating from college soon, afterwards I want to get pregnant.
Lyman: Ummmm, okay?????

*******

Carrie: I want to get pregnant.
Lyman: No, we don't have enough money and our condo is way too small.

*******

Carrie: No really, I want to get pregnant.
Lyman: Ummmm, okay.

*******

Carrie: I'M PREGNANT!!
Lyman: That was quick.

*******

Carrie: I want to start a blog about the baby.
Lyman: That's a great idea.


... and this part of the story ends here, in our home in Pacoima that's about to get a lot more crowded.

Batten down the hatches and buckle your safety belts folks, I'm going to be a father.


About this entry


10 comments:

  1. KHM 3:59 PM

    I'm so happy, I'm so happy, I'm so happy!

    Doesn't take much, does it? ;-)
    kathy

     
  2. Lyman 4:31 PM

    Thanks guys.

     
  3. Drew 6:27 PM

    Lyman, now that the announcement is official, I can finally congratulate you! The grapevine has been busy the past week...

     
  4. Jeff 1:36 PM

    One giant transcontinental hug to the Medieros family!

     
  5. Anonymous 7:28 PM

    Now you'll also have your own personal and private audience to rejoice with sweet lullabies.
    We are very happy with you and for you, Lyman.
    The Gagnons

     
  6. Anonymous 7:27 AM

    Congratulations on Baby Medeiros. I don't know if I'll be able to endure the very excited grandma- to-be. hahaha She did put up with me 7 times.
    Love you, Aunt Carol

     
  7. Anonymous 7:27 AM

    Congratulations on Baby Medeiros. I don't know if I'll be able to endure the very excited grandma- to-be. hahaha She did put up with me 7 times.
    Love you, Aunt Carol

     
  8. Corinne 12:50 PM

    CONGRATS CARRIE AND LYMAN AND BABY MEDIEROS!!! I can't wait!!! I love you Uncle Lyman and Aunt Carrie and baby cousin to be

    Love,
    Chloe and Corinne

     
  9. Anonymous 2:06 AM

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

     
  10. Anonymous 12:37 PM