Da Big Show

I'm sitting in the bossman's condo in Miami at the moment. There wasn't much time to decompress and reflect (and party) after last night's show. This morning I was up early to drive Jeff (my funky drummer from Michigan) and myself to the airport, Jeff to catch a plane home, me off to another gig.

The gig was great. It really was. So many of my friends showed up to support me (and many did not, but that's to be expected), the band played their asses off, everything ran smoothly, and most importantly everyone dug the show. At the end of the night I was happy and relieved and glad I'd been through the experience. Hopefully it is the first of many successful shows in SoCal. I hope to have pics up soon.

Thanks to everyone who wished me well from afar who couldn't be there especially the Grishams and Aunt Kathy who sent me well-wishes in the mail.

I'm currently hoping to book a tour of the midwest this fall including Indy, Chicago, St. Louis, and Detroit. But I'm going to let myself relax for a while before worrying about that.


About this entry


4 comments:

  1. Special K 9:09 AM

    C. told me the show was great! Congrats! That's cool you might be playing in Chicago soon! Maybe you could play at the Green Mill!

     
  2. KHM 12:12 PM

    Oh, say it isn't so! A "tour" that doesn't include the nation's capitol where your adorable "Aunt" Kathy could fill a room? Come what may, I'll catch you on that tour, boots.

    I spread the love a bit more this week by handing out some more cd's...I love you!

     
  3. Jeff 2:21 PM

    I wish I could have been there, man.

     
  4. Jason 8:32 PM

    Ditto to Jeff. Chez Barnett is open for a fall night crashing.