Poor Timing

Do you all know who Doc Severinsen is? He is a famous trumpeter and big band leader most popularly known as leader of the Tonight Show Orchestra when Johnny Carson was the host.

I got a call from Doc's tour manager last night. Doc's doing one last big band tour. It's going to be a historic event as Doc will probably retire soon. He asked me if I would play bass for the tour.

You see what's coming, right?

The tour starts squarely the week of Porkchop's due date. I explained the situationh, thanked him for the offer and declined. I don't regret the decision one iota but doing the tour would've been great for me and my career. I'll just chalk it up to bad timing.

In related news Carrie had another ultrasound and doctor's appointment today and Porkchop is doing great. He weighs 5.5 lbs and we're right on track for the Feb. 23rd due date.

I leave tomorrow for another quick tour to Long Island and Connecticut. I'll be back Sunday just in time for the EPIC COLTS GAME!


About this entry


9 comments:

  1. KHM 8:17 PM

    Do you all know who Doc Severinsen is....??????

    Sorry about the timing, too, bud. But this opportunity OR the next one, your career is right on schedule. You're doing great on all accounts.

     
  2. Anonymous 6:06 AM

    "Here'ssssssssssss...Porkchop!!!

     
  3. Anonymous 6:06 AM

    "Here'ssssssssssss...Porkchop!!!

     
  4. Anonymous 6:07 AM

    Sorry.........two clicks.

    Aunt Carol

     
  5. Drew 9:38 AM

    I saw your post last night before I went to bed and I figured I would think of something witty to say about you and your career, but I'm just to amazed to come up with anything worthwhile. When I think about the people you have played with, James Brown, Buble, Tyrell, Lou Marini, and now Doc Severinson wanted you. Are you kidding me? Congrats on the offer, but for what it's worth, I'm sure you will never regret your decision to be with Carrie and the little one. Glad to hear that Carrie is doing well and that the little one is right on track.

     
  6. Lyman 9:56 PM

    thank m'man

     
  7. Jeff 11:28 PM

    Damn damn damn.

    There's no doubt; you made the right decision.

    I am extremely proud of that offer, though.

     
  8. kbmulder 6:16 AM

    Wow! Being a trumpeter myself, I must congratulate you on that offer! But, of course you made the right choice:)

    Go Colts!!! We are all wearing our shirts at work today. It's kind of like high school spirit week.

     
  9. Anonymous 11:23 AM

    You're almost a daddy! You are going to be an amazing father. You're already showing your commitment to your son. I love it!