Obama/Phelps 2008!

Is this guy miraculous or what? Eight gold medals, just incredible. His last two races were so exciting, I was jumping up and down like it was a Colts game. So congrats Phelps, who knows if we'll ever see another athletic display like this one.

And did you see Usain Bolt absolutely fly to break the World Record in the 100-meter Sprint? He was so far ahead he started celebrating before finishing and still broke the record.

One drag about the Olympics is that whenever I'm home I'm watching it constantly; Volleyball, Water Polo, Softball, Gymnastics, I even watched Dressage the other day (that's an equestrian event if ya' don't know). I'm behind on all of the shows I watch. I'll be sad when its over but at least football season is right around the corner.


About this entry


6 comments:

  1. KHM 10:10 AM

    Luckily, there's no penalty for getting behind on television---Generation Kill is on tonight--don't want to miss THAT!

    Isn't David Simon the most genius filmmaker? He can certainly create place and situation, eh?

     
  2. Lyman 11:42 AM

    I must admit I'm two episodes behind on GK. Simon is indeed a freaking genius, did you pick up the Season 5 DVD?

     
  3. KHM 12:06 PM

    Not yet; thanks for the reminder!!! I meant to. Did you?

    Also on HBO (On Demand) there's a documentary called "The Recruiter" that's a really even handed (perhaps excessively so)presentation of a year in the life... excellent. There was also a doc about Frederick Douglass High School in Baltimore in the "No Child Left Behind" framework that was very, very provocative.

    You should come watch HBO with me sometime!

     
  4. Anonymous 9:18 AM

    Cuz,

    What's the deal with your webpage?

    You letting it go?

    PK

     
  5. KHM 9:31 AM

    PK---which Cuz, which webpage?

     
  6. Lyman 9:51 AM

    yeah, I accidentally let the domain name expire.

    I'll get it back up soon.