Potpurri

Can you believe summer is coming to an end? Crazy. I had some big plans for this summer that never quite came to fruition but at the same time I've stayed rather busy and have had a terrific few months with the fam. Its been a minute since my last post so I have some catching up to do:

Olympics
Well, the Olympics are over and its kind of sad. You get really spoiled being able to watch sports any hour of the day. Even though the US track team took a big steaming dump the games ended well for the US team capped off by the great victory by the US basketball team. I was up until 2 AM the night of the gold medal game just knowing that I'd be up with Milo at 6. But it didn't matter, I had to watch ... who'd be happy if America failed?

The ominous shadow of China loomed large no matter how hard the IOC tried to cover it up. I find it hilarious that the chairman of the IOC spoke out against Usain Bolt's grand-standing yet seemed quite content with the Chinese gymnasts who were so obviously under age. There were also rumors that China had allowed protesters to apply for protests during the games but as soon as they got there they were detained and deported. Yikes. London should be a much friendlier location.

San Diego
The San Diego gig went really well. The new club down there is called Anthology and it is as nice and hip as any jazz club in the country; large, great ambiance, good sound, etc. There is a full re-cap on the baby blog but our family activities included Lego Land (ugh!), the beach, walks around downtown, and seeing friends. Good times for sure, I didn't want to leave. San Diego is such a great place Carrie and I were actually entertaining the idea of moving there. But who doesn't do that when they are on a great vacation?

DNC
LOVE Joe Biden, great guy. He is a man of integrity who will challenge the president and not be a "yes"-man crony that we've been used to for the past few years.

As far as the actual convention, I've watched some of the big speeches but I really can't stand watching the coverage. You have to deal with all of these talking heads who spout their hot-air opinions just in case you couldn't form your own. CNN makes me go blind with all of the crap they have flying around on the screen and even though I like MSNBC's Keith Olbermann from his ESPN days and from what little I've seen of his show, I don't like him 'narrating' the convention. And did Chelsea get some work done or what?

I can't wait for Obama to hit the stage.


About this entry


4 comments:

  1. KHM 6:48 PM

    Chelsea has DEFINITELY had work done.

    Welcome back. Missed the backbeat.

     
  2. Special K 4:27 PM

    Did she? To me it just looks like she lost a little weight and got a good hair cut. An eye brow tweeze can go a long way. (:

     
  3. KHM 9:08 PM

    actually it's her jaw and maybe some oral prosthetics. Inquiring minds want to know.....

     
  4. Plum Blossom 8:00 AM

    Hey..the Olympics are over...but the Paralympics are still in town....