"San Diego which is of course German for ...."

Today Carrie, Milo and I are headed south to beautiful San Diego for five days, I'm playing at a Jazz club down there with Tyrell. We're really looking forward to the trip, don't know exactly what we'll be doing yet; maybe Lego-Land, maybe the zoo, the marina, beach ... I just hope Milo does well with the 2.5-3 hour drive.

(Can anyone complete the post title quote from Anchorman?)

We had a great weekend, a bbq at a friend's on Saturday and more beach volleyball on Sunday. Unfortunately I jammed my finger while playing, I'm so paranoid about my fingers I've been treating it like it was broken, icing, elevating, I even bought a splint and taped it up. I'm pretty sure those things helped quite a bit and my finger will be in serviceable on the gig tonight. I was thinking of keeping the splint on and playing the gig with a pained grimace on my face like a dedicated Olympian playing through injury, but that might be a bit dramatic.


About this entry


7 comments:

  1. Lyman 1:35 PM

    YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

     
  2. Jadielady 3:53 PM

    Doh! Beat by the clock ,I was at work when you posted.
    I hope you have fun!

     
  3. KHM 8:17 PM

    do you have some kinesiotape?

     
  4. Jeffool 8:30 PM

    In the opening of Anchor Man look for the clips of news footage flying by, and one of them is a water skiing squirrel. That squirrel is the bane of my existence, and my field of career, and I will kill him.

    That said, I hope your finger gets well soon, sir.

    (Also, having only been to San Diego once for SDCC 2004, I completely fell in love with the place, and hope to get back one day.)

     
  5. Lyman 8:54 AM

    no kinesiotape needed, I pulled through just fine.

    And Jeff, I recall meeting you for all of two or three minutes when you were in SD due to my shortened trip, hope you make it back out soon.

     
  6. Shamrock 4:36 PM

    You do have a flare for the dramatic, don't you cousin?

     
  7. Lyman 5:53 PM

    moi'? never ...