Carlyle Week 6

I'm late getting this post out. My roommate Jon went to Florida on our days off and I was left without a computer.

Last week at the Carlyle was fine. I was sick most of the time so it really felt tedious. I'm feeling better but I haven't kicked the thing 100% yet. Miles Davis's widow Francis came as did Ronan Tynan. If you don't know who Ronan is he's the Irish Tenor who sings "God Bless America" at Yankee games. He has a fantastic voice. He and Steve sang "Smile" together, it was a lot of fun and an honor to play with him.

Sunday I played a really fun gig with an old friend of mine from Western Michigan who is a New Yorker now. We hadn't played together in a long time, I had a blast. And I got some folks to come out and see me (shout out to Jeff!). That night I saw some music. Monday some friends from LA were in town and I went to see their concert as well. It was a good couple of days off.

So we started back up tonight. Hopefully the gig will be more pleasant for me now that I'm feeling better. And only a few days until Carrie and Murphy arrive!


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous 4:59 AM

    Dear Nephew.....Isn't he the tenor who was a doctor and is a double amputee? I love to hear him sing with the "3 tenors". Glad you're feeling better....gives me hope, as I now have THAT bug.
    Love you, Aunt Carol

     
  2. KHM 7:13 AM

    Hi QT: glad you're back keeping us informed. I would so love to hear more about the non-Tyrell gigs you played. Any chance you'll post the 411?
    Love---

     
  3. Lyman 10:46 AM

    that is not the same guy Aunt Carol, the Three Tenors are Italia, Ronan Tynan is Irish