Killer Party, Dude/the agony of the MTA strike

Sunday Carrie and Murphy finally arrived. It was so good seeing them again and really good having them here. After watching the Colts LOSE (WTF was that about?) we went to dinner for the Boss's birthday at a really nice Italian resteraunt in Brooklyn. We ended up going out afterwards and Carrie was treated to one of my late-night NYC hangs first-hand.

Monday was the Christmas party and it turned out to be a blast. We were busy all day long getting food, making phone calls, etc. (we did take a break in the middle of the day to see the absolute WORST holiday movie I've ever sat through, The Family Stone ... please stay far away from this movie). The party was supposed to start at 8, I had all of the food out and was ready to go and no one was there! But by 10 the place was hoppin'. I had invited 10 or so people and at one point we had 20 folks in our apartment. And I live in LA! That was really nice, everyone had a good time. Guys from the band, friends from NY, friends from the Carlyle, Paul Schaefer even showed up at my apartment for the party with Lewie. Crazy. It was a lot of fun for sure.

Then we woke up to this MTA strike. How terrible is this? My wife finally gets here and we are looking forward to enjoying the city over the holiday and now we are stuck in our neighborhood. No subways, no busses, no fun! Taxis are now $10 just to get in and making our way to the Carlyle is a lot of trouble. I don't see how something like this could happen. My love for NYC has dwindled a bit. It's too bad the selfish parties involved cannot reach an agreement at Christmastime. Pathetic.

Week 8 at the Carlyle has begun. Not much longer before I'm headed home.


About this entry


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous 3:41 PM

    Glad you are in New York and I'm in Indiana. Uncle "K"

     
  2. Anonymous 4:51 AM

    Pray for a Christmas miracle that the strike will be over today and everyone can get on with a happy holiday season. I'm glad Murphy and Carrie did so well on the trip and are there with you now. You need to be with your family for the holidays. Did Carrie like the Family Stone? It looks like my type of movie. It's warming up here and I hope there too so you can at least walk around to the closer stuff. How was those color purple people that Carrie saw last night? Have fun.

    LYFE Mom

     
  3. Anonymous 7:01 AM

    Dear Nephew.........I hear Steve Tyrell is going to be on Regis Friday, Dec 23. Will the band be there too.........mainly, YOU? Merry Christmas to you, Carrie and Murphy!!!!
    Love you, Aunt Carol

     
  4. Lyman 9:24 AM

    I'm not going to be on Regis, that is a dirty, dirty rumor!

     
  5. Dominic O'Rourke 9:14 AM

    Christmas wishes and all that good cheer to you and your loved ones, Lyman, glad that your xmas is not going to be lonley! Maybe you could invite one of those transit drivers to dinner - they don't seem to get out that often!

    Dom
    smells of turkey