Christmas!/Carlyle Week 8

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Carrie, Murphy and I had a great time. They've been in NYC for a week and we've been doing fun NYC things ever sincea; Rockefellar Center, Central Park, Carrie went Ice Skating, etc. On Christmas Day we went with Carrie's sister and her husband (who are in town visiting us) to a friend of their's home where their mother made a fabulous Christmas dinner. We had a roast, stuffed mushrooms, roasted potatos, brussel sprouts, rolls, soup, baked apples, fruitcake, and turkish delight. Quite a menu. Afterwards we played Scrabble. I haven't played in years yet Carrie and I came a close second. I think I like the game and would like to play more. I have all of my professional Scrabble moves down after watching the world championships on ESPN2.

Before we left for dinner we opened presents and had brunch here at the apartment. I got an iPod video from Carrie. Quite a nice gift!

Week 8 at the Carlyle was nice. Katie Couric came again and Steve Martin was there Friday night. Only eight shows to go. Hard to believe, at times it has felt like this last week would never come.

But here it is.


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous 5:39 AM

    It's nice that you are enjoying the holidays there. Is Steve Martin "a wild and crazy guy?". I know you all will be glad to get home and get back into your routine again even if it is only for 2 weeks.

    LYFE Mom

     
  2. Anonymous 7:53 AM

    Lyman,
    We had a great time at the show the other night. It was a pleasure to see a "home boy" from Indy make good. Hope to see you play again and maybe you and Carrie can visit Arizona some time.
    Take care and I will keep reading the blogs.
    Shari & Walt

     
  3. Lyman 8:36 AM

    HA! Pat, that is HILARIOUS. I'm fully aware of the circumstances, glad you got a chuckle out of it.