The End of the Road

Here it is folks, my last blog from NYC. It's been a wild 9 weeks and now I'm only a couple hours away from home.

Week 9 at the Carlyle was fine. Ron Howard came one night. New Year's Eve turned out to be a lot of fun. The entire hotel was open with bands everywhere and everyone in good spirits. Regis came and sang a song. I had more fun playing than I had had for a while (perhaps it was the Laphroig). After the gig I hung out with some friends at the hotel. It was a fun way to bring in the new year.

I cannot wait to get home. While I have been pining for LA for a few weeks now I must admit I'm getting sentimental about leaving the city. 8 E 48th St. Apt. 6A in the heart of Midtown Manhattan has become my home. The deli downstairs and the funky elevator in the building have become as familiar to me as the Food 4 Less around the corner and the guard at the gate of my condo community back home. I've had some really fun times here; partying with friends, seeing great music, eating at great resteraunts, meeting incredible people, enjoying New York over the holidays ... it has been an eperience I will always remember with fondness. Rumor has it that the Carlyle has asked Steve to return for the next holiday season. Will I do it again? Who knows, that is a long time away. But weather this was a one-time eperience for me or the start of many winters in NYC, November and December of '05 will always be special to me.

But don't get me wrong, I want to be home more than anything right now. You might think a trip like this would "fly by" for me. But that's not the case. Fact is it feels like I've been in NYC for a year. I haven't driven a car, slept in my bed, or so much as left New York for two months (save for the short trip to Boston). So I'm ready to go back.

Happy New Year everyone, I wish you all nothing but prosperity and good health. 2006 has been waiting for us, it's time to show her what we're made of ... I certainly intend to.

Goodbye folks, see you soon.

I'm going home.


About this entry


6 comments:

  1. Jeff 12:44 PM

    Lyman, it was an absolute treasure hanging out with you. Come back any time.

    Happy New Year!

     
  2. KHM 6:06 AM

    Back to the other side of the country with you, Lym. I can only imagine how mixed it must have felt to be in an exciting place, doing exciting things for too long without the places and people you love most. Go home and groove.

    Do you know the way to San Jose?
    smooches and best wishes---
    Kat

     
  3. Lyman 2:44 PM

    Thanks guys.

    I do know the way to San Jose, am I expected there?

     
  4. KHM 5:15 AM

    nah---but LA didn't have the right number of syllables. You know about sacrificing the truth for your art, right?

     
  5. Lyman 9:45 AM

    HAHA!

    I know all about it.

     
  6. KHM 8:43 PM

    WORD! I'll just bet you do!

    The NYC photos are great; you and Carrie look like you're in heaven---close enough, right?

    Today I got my first "external" review of your cd. I gave a copy to my nanny's husband, a music head like me, about my same tastes too. Pilar reports that in the week he's had it she's heard him play it about 15 times. He really digs it. Me, too!