More Travel Hell

I'm home finally but not without a bit of drama. Our genius of a tour manager booked us a flight from Palm Beach to LA with a 30 min. layover in Houston. 30 min. is not enough and we missed our connection in Houston. Why did we miss it? Because Continental Airlines is run by a bunch of friggin' morons. I'm usually not hard on airline workers, I travel enough I know it's a tough gig. But I've never seen such a collection of incompetence as I did yesterday in Houston which is Continental's hub.

First of all our flight from FL to TX was 2.5 hours long. Not bad unless you are flying on a CRJ (which is the smallest jet plane around, seats only 50 pr sp), it was terribly uncomfortable. Then we get to Houston and are in a holding pattern for about 15 minutes before we land. Then after we land the airplane keeps driving from concourse to concourse, the pilot finally comes on the speaker and tells us that the airport doesn't have a gate for us, every time they tell them a gate to go to there is another plane parked there. Genius. We finally land and miss our flight to LA. Everyone from Continental was rude. Luckily we got on the third flight from Houston to LA on standby. It sucked. Steer clear from Continental if you can.

It's amazing how many of my fellow alumns from Western Michigan University are living in LA now. An old friend is in town so I'm having some of the old Bronco gang over to the house tonight for a hang. Should be fun.

Good to be home!


About this entry


0 comments: