Sho' is cold!/Big News!

We arrived in Michigan today. It's cold. I forget how cold cold can be, but boy is it cold. It's only been a few months since I was in NYC but it still feels like I haven't been in a winter like this for years. LA has spoiled me.

The gigs with the Houston Symphony were really great. It was a lot of fun playing with such a great orchestra. The musicians were terrific and the music sounded fresher to me than it has in years (change is a good thing!). In addition to playing with a great orchestra I also ate way too much good food. Steve has many 'cousins' that he grew up with in Houston that own fabulous restaurants ... Namely barbecue and Italian, my weaknesses. Better hit the hotel gym tomorrow!

So the news is out: The first Lower Level CD Release Show has been booked! Friday, May 26 at the Jazz Kitchen in Indianapolis, Indiana. The show starts at 7:30PM for the low, low cover charge of $12. I can't even tell you how hyped I am. My boys Rob and Jeff who are members of the Butterfat Trio with me are coming down to play the show. It will be a lot of fun. So all of you Indy types, start spreading the word. Any advice on how to advertise the show would be much appreciated.


About this entry


7 comments:

  1. Jeff 1:03 AM

    Wooo! That's great!

    I will be very happy to print posters and flyers for you.

    Man, I wish I could be there.

     
  2. Anonymous 9:19 AM

    are you kidding, advertising, my guess is you won't have much problem with your family and friends spreading word on thier own hell your mom already put it in our ears before you, i might even get out of hick town myself for that one

    cousin paul

     
  3. KHM 6:00 PM

    c'mon Cousin Paul---I'm coming in for it; you can be my date!

     
  4. Lyman 4:20 AM

    Yup, you might be able to skip out on Christmas, but you need to come home for this one Paul.

     
  5. Jason 6:26 AM

    Sweet bro! Can't wait. I'm sure it'll be sold out with no problem.

     
  6. KHM 8:52 PM

    This is how psyched I am about the show: I bought my ticket to get there TWO days ago; I just now realized that the trip is going to have me out of town on Lindsay's bday. (I've asked Rob to not tell the Mother-of-the-Year nominating comittee...). Yeesh.

    and--I'm just back from the SFJAZZ Collective show---man,oh man---I can't tell you how hot it was. Without a doubt it was the best live show I've ever seen. You've got to see them.

     
  7. Lyman 10:21 PM

    I've seen Redman live a couple of times, but not the Collective, I'll make it a point to.