You want to give me what?

I am beside myself.

This morning I turn on my phone to find a voicemail waiting for me. No one usually calls me that early so I was wondering what it was.

It turns out the voicemail was from Dr. Joseph Scagnoli the Associate Director of the School of Music at Ball State University. He informed me that the University has chosen me for an Alumni Citation of Achievement and would like me to come to the University on April 24th to be honored along with the other award winners. Evidently my bass professor from my BSU days nominated me for the award and I was chosen by an alumni panel to receive it.

ME? Are they sure?! I'm only 29 years old and my alma mater wants to honor me? This is pretty crazy. I can't believe it. I must admit this is a pretty proud moment for me.

Needless to say I will be there with bells on. I haven't been back to Ball State since the year after I graduated ('98). What a trip that will be.


About this entry


6 comments:

  1. Drew 8:20 PM

    Congratulations Lyman! I guess that goes to show you that it's not just your family and friends who are taking notice of your talent. The honor is well deserved and you should feel proud. I'm sure your Mom is beaming right now!

     
  2. Jeff 12:50 AM

    YEAAAAAAAAH LYMAN!

     
  3. Anonymous 5:17 AM

    I have already put it on the coconut wireless to all family and friends, who are equally as proud of you as I am. You get this wonderful award plus you come home for a visit at my birthday. Life is sweet, and fair and good. Congrats again Sonny Boy.

    LYFE Mom

     
  4. KHM 5:59 AM

    Of course it was only a matter of time, young Cousin. Humility is good but you really do need to learn to accept all of the accolades that are going to come your way. HAVE FUN!

    Its a struggle, I know; but somehow I've come to terms with it so I know you will, too.

    LOVIN YOU and all you do--
    kat

     
  5. Jason 7:13 AM

    Great job bro, we're all very proud of you.

     
  6. Anonymous 10:37 AM

    CONGRATULATIONS, Nephew!!!!!!