what a crazy tour

Vegas Thursday, Kansas City on Friday, St Louis Saturday, and today in Jacksonville. This has been one busy trip, enough planes to make you sick for sure. I finally have some time to relax and sleep. Last night I only slept for two hours and I think the most I've had in the past three days is six. Granted I could've gotten more sleep had I chosen to go right to bed after the gig and not hang out having drinks with the boys. But what are you going to do? With so much to do you gotta let out some steam somehow.

Today we played at an outdoor jazz festival. There were two stages, geuss who was playing at the other stage while we were on ... Herbie freakin' Hancock. It was a wonder that anyone was there to see us at all.

And not only has the schedule been busy but the shows haven't been very good for me either. We have been renting basses on the road to save the hassle of flying with mine. Well this tour I've had to play some really crap instruments. And we haven't had good luck with the sound at any of the venues.

Back home tomorrow, that will be nice. It feels like I've been gone for longer than I have. Right now I need to get to bed.


About this entry


5 comments:

  1. KHM 11:25 AM

    Right---not only is no one there to check you out, but you're missing HerbiefreakinHancock.

    see you in a couple of weeks!

     
  2. Lyman 11:32 PM

    Oh, I asked about the jazz festival in Spain. It's not happening. They couldn't book enough gigs around to make it worth the time or money to get over there.

     
  3. Jeff 12:07 AM

    Man, if it was me up on stage, I would have just said, "screw this, let's go check out Herbie freakin' Hancock. We'll be back when he's done."

    It's still pretty cool that people chose you over him.

    Hey, aren't you coming back to NYC soon?

     
  4. Lyman 1:59 AM

    yeah baby, first week of May ...

    which means I'll be turning 30 (May 5) while I'm in Manhattan!

     
  5. KHM 6:59 AM

    que lastima!