Back in Noo Yawk

Two weeks later and I'm back in New York. We played an outdoor festival in Rochester last night for what turned out to be one of the worst gigs I ever did. The crowd was great and all but it was so friggin' cold my fingers felt like they were being stabbed every time I pressed down a bass string. It was bad. Memo to festival organizers in upstate New York: wait until July to have outdoor concerts. Today we flew in to the Hamptons where we will be playing tomorrow.

So there is more promotion in the works for the Indy show on Friday. I will be interviewed on a jazz radio show (I don't know what station yet) on Sunday and Wednesday there will be a featured article on me oon indinapolismusic.net. Hopefully all of this buzz will translate into a packed house.


About this entry


7 comments:

  1. Anonymous 9:29 PM

    I remember what's it's like to play in the cold! It's horrible. When will you be in Indy? The girls and I would love to come!

     
  2. KHM 11:07 AM

    Have I told you how much you rock? You're just kickin' *ss, aren't you?

    Me and Rob are going to see Christian McBride tonight at the Kennedy Center--he's not my favorite bassist but he comes close! We also recently bought tickets to see Dave Holland's sextet but that's not till early next year...

    can't wait till next weekend, cutie! Love you!

     
  3. Lyman 12:01 PM

    Judith! I'll be in Indy this Friday playing at the Jazz Kitchen.

    Christan is the baddest bass player in the land. Let me know what you think.

     
  4. Lena 12:43 PM

    What's Rochester like? I mean, not compared to Manhattan, but as an upstate city.

     
  5. Anonymous 2:45 PM

    I am so excited, I just made reservations for my oldest daughter and I. I will see you there!!

     
  6. Lyman 10:39 PM

    Lena, Rochester is fine. The downtown area is nice and it's a college town so there are some funky little bars around. But it's still kind of a sleepy city.

    And thanks Judith and Karen, it'll be great seeing you guys again.

    The radio show is on 88.7 from 1-4. Dig it!

     
  7. KHM 7:25 AM

    hey lym: do you have the call letters for that station? Maybe I can stream it over the internet; maybe even capture it in a podcast?

    Christian McBride was stunning---I was nearly speechless. His playing appears so effortless, he has such clarity; I've really never heard a bass sound that genuinely lyrical before. We can talk more in Indy---he totally blew me away. Ron Blake wasn't with him so David Gilmore was standing in on guitar and he is also a major talent; very very impressive group. They all clearly enjoy playing together.

    AMAZING!