"We'll take Manhattan ..."

" ... the Bronx and Statten Island too"

Anybody ever heard that song?

Anyway, I'm here in the city with a couple of days off before the Today Show. Although being here was such a last minute event that I wasn't planning for I think it works out well for me. I have two days off at a great hotel in a great neighborhood (upper westside) with my bass so I can practice. I think it will be relaxing, the calm before the storm.

I did my first live radio interview yesterday. I think it went really well. I didn't stumble over my words or anything and I said pretty much everything I wanted to say. I can't wait to hear it.

Today I think I'll go to Macy's and look for some shoes or clothes or something before heading back to play my bass and maybe see some music this evening. I already dropped way too much money on a great dinner (and drinks of course) last night. Luckily there are some great places to eat cheaply and our saxophonist "Blue" Lou Marini has invited the band to his pad for dinner tomorrow night.

The Lower Level tour approaches ...


About this entry


5 comments:

  1. KHM 3:29 PM

    Check out movieswiththemullens.blogspot.com for links to your interview. You did, indeed, come across as quite the professional. Ready for primetime!

     
  2. Lyman 4:20 PM

    I have no clue what Kevin Gilbert's Indian Burn is. I'm dum.

    thanks for the link!

     
  3. Anonymous 8:03 AM

    Patrick - It's called "I'll Take Manhattan" and is a jazz standard song which is what Lyman plays with Steve Tyrell. He wasn't being clever he was just being Lyman. It sounds like you're the clever one what is the Indian Burn song?

    Donna, Lyman's mom

     
  4. Jeff 9:43 AM

    Lyman, I can't tell you how happy I am for you.

     
  5. Anonymous 7:39 PM

    Hey, this is Judith. Can anyone tell me who is going to the Jazz Kitchen on Friday nite? I'm coming alone and would like to sit w/ some Lyman fans. I'll be there around 6 for dinner and would like to eat w/ someone other than myself. Anyone, Anyone? Thanks.