Birthday Redux

Friday night Carrie and I hosted a birthday party here at the Casa de Medeiros. It was a lot of fun and quite a few friends showed up. I made pizzas for everyone. Good times were had by all.

I also made out with some pretty nice birthday scratch. Carrie got me a "skoolabatz" which is one of those pasta pots with a collander inside. She also got me an apron that says "Kiss the Cook" which I had been asking for. Also got a Colts T-shirt, Colts coffee mug, Colts hat, and iTunes gift certificate. Not too shabby.

Today I'm giving a concert with the Henry Mancini Institute Alumni Orchestra at the highly regarded Disney Concert Hall in downtown LA. We've had rehearsals the past few days and the concert should be pretty good. I actually had to miss a gig with Tyrell on Friday to do it. No biggie.

We're only a week and a half away from the big CD Release show in Indy. The countdown is on.


About this entry


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous 5:15 PM

    Lyman,
    This is Judith Kinney. I played flute with Mandy Pencek (now dornfeld) and I saw her the other day and she was telling me about seeing you. I found your blog by pure accident!!!! I didn't even know you had one!! How exciting your life is. I saw all your pictures with the celebrities, one of my favorites, I might add, Tiki Barber!!!! How fun...I'm totally buying one of your CD's, I can't wait!!

     
  2. Lyman 8:01 PM

    Judith! I certainly remember you, how are you? Thanks for the kind words and thank you for buying the CD. Feel free to email me if you like.

     
  3. Anonymous 4:13 AM

    You're welcome. I have three beautiful girls who are all very musical. My 11 year old is a musical genius: writes her own music w/ words, sings, plays piano, violin, clarinet, she's amazing. Anyway, they heard your demos on your website and they can't wait to buy the CD too. They love jazz music, etc. How exciting to hear from you! Did you marry someone from high school? She looks familiar, but my eyes could be playing tricks on me...Have a great day!

     
  4. Lyman 10:16 AM

    No, my wife and I met at Ball State my senior year.

     
  5. Dominic O'Rourke 4:04 PM

    Disney Hall is fantastic - i'm a big fan of Frank Geary, even if most of his stuff is similar - it was a cool place to walk around when we were in LA - we would have so loved to have heard you play there!

    Oh and a belated happy birthday too!

     
  6. Lyman 8:25 PM

    Thanks Dom, I'll be in England at the end of July, looking forward to seeing you again.