East Coastin'

The past few days have been pretty busy; Friday in Buffalo, Saturday in Philly, Sunday in Alexandria. Luckily today is just a travel day and I had a chance to sleep in a bit. We head to NYC tonight for a run at the Blue Note. It is a world-famous club but I have to admit I really don't like the set-up there. The stage is in a weird place in relation to the tables and the green room is more of a green closet.

My birthday is looming large. In mere days I will turn 30. I figure once you're 30 you're no longer young. I mean sure, your elders will still say you're young, but "young" becomes a relative term, not a common one. I'll be in a different demographic ... I'll no longer be able to say "in my twenties ..." ... and the next landmark birthday will be the big 4-0. Yikes!

But on to a more exciting subject I hope everyone has been watching the NBA playoffs lately, especially if you are a Kobe-hater. The man has been playing out of his mind and there's no way you can gripe about what he's been doing on the court.

Good news regarding the CD Release show in Indy. I got an email from a writer at the Indianapolis Star, they want to do a little article on me a couple of days before the show. That's fantastic, what I like to call free advertising.

see y'all when I see y'all


About this entry


11 comments:

  1. KHM 12:39 PM
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  2. KHM 12:41 PM
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  3. KHM 1:57 PM

    I'm so glad you posted today so that I can write my review of the ST performance last night in Alexandria:

    The Birchmere was mad hot last night as Steve Tyrell took the stage with a sizzling septet. As usual the lineup included veteran players, like Lou Marini (formerly of Blood, Sweat and Tears) as well as a pride of young lions. The rhythm section was so tight and cookin' it up so hot that Steve was drenched in sweat before the third number. In particular, the deft grooving of Lyman Medeiros on the upright bass made sure the audience, as well as the band, understood just exactly what it means to swing. After nearly five years touring with Tyrell, Medeiros understands Steve's style and arrangements and has earned a handful of backup vocal spots. Steve's arrangement of "Moonlight" has been re-worked as a full-on New Orleans swing affair with extended backup vocals featuring the hapa-haole Indianapolis star. It was the centerpiece of the entire set. How much longer can it possibly be before Lyman shares the bill? If you've seen Steve Tyrell before, I can assure you, you've never seen him like this. This is a tour you don't want to miss.

     
  4. Anonymous 5:11 PM

    Congraulations and we will see you in Indianapolis, waiting to see a Great show at The Jazz Kitchen, D&P

     
  5. Anonymous 6:15 AM

    Loved the review of the show. What a great critic she is. Hope your having fun on your tour. I hope tomorrow will be a great day for you. My baby boy is going to be 30. Wow time flies for sure. LYFE Mom

     
  6. Lyman 10:30 AM

    hapa-haole!?

    I love it

     
  7. Anonymous 9:13 AM

    Happy 30th Birthday, Nephew!!!!
    Cinco de Mayo

    Love you, Aunt Carol

     
  8. KHM 1:37 PM

    I'm having a margarita in honor of your birthday!

    And then I'm having two more because I freakin' love margaritas! Happy bday!

     
  9. Bret Taylor 6:37 PM

    Happy birthday, buddy.

     
  10. Anonymous 6:18 PM

    Hi! It's me Loren! Bee is letting me write ya something...like happy 30th birthday I think. HEY!!! On the first page of your blog, there's a picture of a dog... IS THAT YOU???!!!??? (Or Murphy Medeiros??!!??)


    Love,
    Loren

     
  11. Jeff 9:33 AM

    It was so good to see you on Sunday.